Customer Privacy Notice – 2012
NOTICE OF CUSTOMER PRIVACY PRACTICES FOR THE FAMILY SECURITY PLAN – ADMINISTERED BY SCHMITT-SUSSMAN ENTERPRISES, INC. d/b/a PFP (We, Us, Our)
- We collect and use personal information about you in order to provide you with insurance and other services.
- We obtain most of the personal information from you, primarily from the application you complete when you apply for our products or services. If we need additional information, we may obtain it from third parties such as employers, adult family members, other insurers, consumer reporting agencies and medical care providers. Some of these sources may give us reports, and they may disclose what they know about you to others.
- All employees are required to protect the confidentiality of our customers’ and former customers’ personal information, and they may not access that information unless there is a legitimate reason for doing so, such as responding to a customer request.
- We will not sell the personal information of our customers or former customers.
- We will not disclose the personal information of our customers or former customers except as necessary for conducting business or where permitted by law. Personal information may in certain circumstances be disclosed to third parties without authorization. For example, we may disclose your personal information to your agent, our employees or our service providers so they can service your business or respond to your questions or requests. We may also disclose your personal information (with the exception of nonpublic health information) to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We require the recipients of such information to protect the information and use it only for the purpose provided. Organizations from which we obtain information may retain and disclose such information as permitted by law.
Information Access and Correction
A right of access and correction exists with respect to all personal information collected. Should you wish to obtain a copy of your personal information, please submit a written request to us at the address listed below. If you wish to correct, amend or delete any such information, please submit a written request to us at the address listed below and we will investigate the request.
For More Information
If you have any questions about The Family Security Plan’s customer privacy practices, please write to our privacy officer at Schmitt-Sussman Enterprises, Inc., 34 Prindle Hill Road, Orange, CT 06477; 1-800-990-7890.